This is the most important aspect of writing. Unfortunately, people tend to focus on the errors rather than the information that is in your assignment. Errors can damage your credibility and take a reader out of the flow of your writing. Here are some hints to avoid making common mistakes:
1. Spell/Grammar Check: Remember that this might not catch all of your mistakes as you may have used the wrong word and spelled it correctly.
2. Read your paper out loud. This will help you to hear what your reader will see. Most mistakes can be caught when you hear something that doesn't sound correct.
3. Read your paper backwards. This will force you to focus on the spelling, punctuation and grammar. It is difficult to see your own mistakes sometimes and this helps you to forget what you wrote about and focus on the text.
4. Print out your paper and read a paper copy. Sometimes you catch things on paper that you don't see on a computer screen.
5. Have someone else read it and give you feedback.
If you have any other ideas feel free to make a comment in this post.