16 September 2008

What's the Worst that Could Happen?

After having a discussion with a student today, I thought that this would be a good topic for a quick blog entry at the beginning of the new school year. So many students have a hard time getting into the swing of a new year or course and many of the students we interact with don't like school; don't like assignments; and can't wait to get out.

I'm not going to write a lot about what my opinion on the topic is but I do think that it is an important question for everyone to consider and I would like to see some comments develop on the subject or perhaps get some discussion going on our class website.

What is the worst thing that could happen if you followed your teacher's directions-advice-assignments?

Discuss, I'm curious to see your remarks.

4 comments:

  1. I think the worst thing that could happen is you might disagree with the teacher. Other than that their's nothing really bad that can come out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad to see that you still have zero comments on your blog when you specifically asked for comments.
    The worst thing that could happen if you followed your teachers directions/advice/assignments is, quite simply, having your teacher change his/her mind once you finish thus making you redo the whole thing. This has happened to me before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The zero comments were my fault. I forgot that I turned on the moderation function and I have to approve all of the comments that are made. Won't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donnisha10:15 AM

    I think its really mind over matter..The worst thing that could happen is...to prove someone wrong! Accept noones information but your own in that I mean do the research this is college we can choose to debate what is right/wrong..be knowledgable:)

    ReplyDelete