24 February 2009

Expectations

I don't have to write this. I don't have to put course content online. I don't have to post grades online. I don't have to give people extra time to work on assignments or take tests. I don't have to do a lot of things that make my job harder, more time consuming, or add multi-media sources to coursework.

I'm writing this because I'm not sure everyone knows that. When you complain to me, or offer any number of excuses for why your work isn't done, or why you weren't in class; or get frustrated when you can't access a website, I want you to know that I'm already putting a great deal of effort into whatever course you are in to help you succeed.

All I ask in return is the same commitment to your work that I put into mine. If the course you are in is a priority for you then you will find a way to get things done.

My job is to challenge you and help you progress within the subject matter of your class.

Your job is to rise to the occasion and do your work.

Next time: Proof Reading